My favourite way to kickstart my day is with egg’s & some yummy mushrooms in it. K’s cousin has been complaining that I have not put up his favourite Mushroom omelette recipe yet, he has been asking me to post this from the time I started blogging.. The day’s finally come Akshay.. 🙂 this recipe is for you… 🙂
I love preparing omelette’s for breakfast. Back in India it was almost like a ritual, almost every sunday was an omelette experiment day. When most of K’s cousins come over for a stay they ask me to prepare omelette’s for breakfast. I have experimented a lot with omelette’s. Will begin posting more omelette recipe’s soon.
This is an easy peasy recipe, just like most omelette recipe’s, anyone can give this a shot. That’s the beauty of omelette’s..
Ingredients: (Serves 2) Preparation Time: 10 mins
Eggs – 4, beaten well
Mushrooms – 4 medium-sized, washed & finely diced
Garlic – 1 medium-sized clove, finely chopped
Basil leaves – 3-4 medium-sized, finely chopped, you can use parsley if you wish to
Crushed Black pepper/Chilli flakes – as per your taste
Cooking oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Heat a non-stick fry pan. Make sure the heat is set to medium.
Meanwhile, mix the basil, beaten eggs, salt, chilli flakes/pepper, mushrooms together in a bowl.
Tip:1. If you wish you can divide the mushrooms, garlic, basil into two equal portions. Beat 2 eggs at a time & prepare the omelette’s.
2. I usually mix the salt & spice powders with the mushrooms & other veggies that I add to an omelette so that the salt does not get concentrated in one area & gets mixed evenly. Then transfer this salted veggies into the egg. I have noticed that this way you do not get lumps of salt which you otherwise do when you add salt directly to the egg.
Drizzle some oil when the pan is hot & spread it around. Add half of the egg & mushroom mixture to the fry pan.
Note: The mushrooms tend to get concentrate around one area most of the time. Use a fork & spread the mushrooms around evenly.
Tip: You can add some grated cheese at this point if you wish to & fold the omelette when the underside is firm & the top is almost cooked.
Lower the heat. Cover & cook for 3-4 minutes. I do not flip the omelette around, hence I cook it in low heat & allow the top to get cooked by covering the frying pan. If you want to flip the omelette please do :).
Serve hot with bread. Enjoy.
- Egg White Omelettes (gleefitness.wordpress.com)
- Spanish Omelette (wallabyabroad.wordpress.com)
- Omelettes Royale (maryelizabethhall.com)
- California Cream Cheese Omelette (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Recipe #29: The perfect cheddar, mushroom & bacon omelette (myfoodchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Japanese asparagus and duck’s egg omelette (independent.co.uk)