I was going through my fridge.. thinking of what to cook for dinner. Living in Glasgow.. don’t have too many options I can choose from when it comes to vegetarian. Found some sweetcorn.. thought why not make Biryani.. had a craving for Biryani before I had started my hunt in the fridge.. :))
But please do keep in mind.. I did not make the biryani masala at home.. it is store bought.. you need to have the biryani masala ready with you for this recipe…
Ingredients: ( Serves 2) Preparation Time: 20 mins
Raw Rice – 1 cup (approximately 100 gms)
Sweetcorn – 100 gms
Green chilli – 1, slit into two
Onion – 1 medium sized, diced finely
Garlic – 2 pods finely chopped
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Biryani Masala – 1.5 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Mint leaves – 4-5 leaves, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs, finely chopped
Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. Set the heat level to medium.
Meanwhile wash the rice and keep it aside.
Add the green chili when the oil is hot. Saute for a few seconds. Next add the garlic and saute for a few seconds. Don’t let them go brown. Add the diced onions and fry till they begin to lose life.
Add the Biryani masala and fry it for a minute or two. Add the yogurt. Mix well. Add the Sweetcorn and mix well. Add the cooked rice. 1.5 times of water with the same measure used for rice. Add salt to taste.
Increase the heat to max. Let the water come to a boil. Reduce Close with a lid and cook the on minimum flame till all the water evaporates.
Serve with Yogurt or raita of your choice. For raita recipe’s, click here.
If you liked this recipe you may also like to check out other similar recipe’s.
- Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani (vidyakitchen.wordpress.com)
- Hyderabad Chicken Dum Biryani (geethanarumugam.wordpress.com)
- Paneer Biryani Recipe (cravecookclick.com)
- Chicken Biryani (lorrainepaiva3.wordpress.com)
- Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani (vidyakitchen.wordpress.com)
- Mushroom Biryani Recipe (cravecookclick.com)
- Chicken biryani (ghostriverstudios.wordpress.com)
- Red Pepper & Celery Fried rice…. (kelipaan.com)